Wednesday coached sessions_
A plan for return to coached run sessions on Wednesdays for our adult members
This is a plan for providing coached run sessions for adults. It is aimed predominantly at those used to training with Sue and Liz at the track pre-Covid-19.
Please understand that we will have to adapt as we go along and as guidance develops and changes through the coming months.
The location for the summer weeks will be Stanmer Park and the meeting point will be on the grass in front of Stanmer House / near the Church.
We will aim to have two coaches. Each coach will be able to take a group of 5 athletes. We will provide a 45 minute coached session comprising 10 minutes of drills and technique training and up to 35 minutes of intensive intervals.
Athletes will need to use the spreadsheet found in ‘Phoenix (run) training’ WhatsApp group description to book their 45 minute time slot and these will be
Athletes attend at their own risk and by attending agree to abide by the Covid-19 social distance guidance and respect all users of the park.
Athletes must arrive at the meeting point already warmed up, we recommend at least a 15 minute warm-up run and dynamic stretches. Do not gather in groups of more than 5. The coach will approach the group. At the end of your session please move to a different part of the park for your cool down so that the next group can start.
Those arriving by car will need to use the car parks as directed by the council and then jog to the meeting point. If coming by bike you need to lock your bike and it is left at your own risk. We will attempt to keep the bikes in view but coaches are not responsible for the safe-keeping of any belongings including bikes.
A risk assessment is available and it is recommended that athletes familiarise themselves to ensure they comply with all the measures necessary to minimise risks.
Here is some guidance that we ask all those attending to follow:
- Runners to wear bright visible clothing, to dress appropriately for the weather, and to bring warm / waterproof clothing for after session or if an emergency occurs.
- Runners are to observe at least 2m social distance at all times and must not touch anyone else’s belongings.
- Runners are to face away from all other people when deep breathing.
- No spitting to be allowed.
- No physical interaction between humans.
- No equipment to be shared / handled.
- Water bottles and clothing to be personalised clearly and not shared.
- Training is to be conducted in groups of 1 coach and up to 5 athletes.
- Bring hand sanitising products for use in case you touch anything.