Thursday 30th March 2017
Our 2017 Annual General Meeting on March 15th was held in pleasant surroundings - the new meeting room at the Sportsman - and well attended by around thirty members. Mike Townley was reelected as our Chairperson. Other key points included:
- thanks to our outgoing treasurer Sue Hudson for her many years of service, and for leaving our finances in a healthy state;
- the election of other Board members including Captains Paul Weir and Bobby Searle, Senior Reps Andy Neighbour and Mel Frazier, Coaching Director Malcolm Kemp, Membership Coordinator Nerine Standen, Social Secretary Zeina Clare and Secretary Paul Whelpton;
- continued growth in our membership to around 400, and pride in the many outstanding performances produced at all levels over the past year;
- an announcement that we are to investigate the possibility of applying to become a company with charitable status;
- a plea for more volunteers to fill vacant roles on the Board and as Team Managers and Coaching Assistants.