Phoenix Multisport Championship 2023_
We hold an annual club multisport championship for our paid-up members. In this you will be awarded points according to where you are placed in any of the five designated races in comparison to your fellow club members. Only your three highest places count toward the final score. There is a trophy for the highest placed male and female and this will be presented at our annual awards night.
You do not need to do all the events but obviously the more events you do the more chance you have of improving your best three scores from five events.
In the event of two or more members attaining the same score the trophy will be awarded to the person that placed highest in the open results of the two open events.
We will provide updates on the scores as the season progresses. For our own 'virtual' events we will let all members know how to submit their results nearer the time. For the 'real' events please remember as always to use the exact club name 'Brighton Phoenix' on your entry form so that we can find you easily when searching the results. Check our website Results page and if any of yours are missing submit them via the “Submit race result” option on the website Contact page or email Geoff Pike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You compete in the virtual or club organised events at your own risk and agree to abide by all UK Government and British Triathlon guidance to ensure safe and healthy racing. You agree to respect all persons and property when you undertake your activity.
Any questions please ask Geoff Pike or Liz Halliday via the WhatsApp group or email email@example.com.
This year’s championship events are:-
- Virtual Sprint Duathlon one day in the week 1-7th May. This is a 5k run, 20k bike, 2.5k run. All on one day. Each activity must be an out and back or loops anywhere you like but must be recorded on Garmin/Strava or equivalent. You can do them as part of something longer and crop your times if you wish.
- Mid Sussex Tri Club Sprint Triathlon 11th June. It is a 400m (pool) swim, 25k bike and 5k run. link to the race.
- Virtual Aquathlon/Aquabike any one day 10-16th July. We will decide which after a vote...This will be either 750m swim, 7.5k run or a 750m swim and 30k bike. Same rules as for the Sprint Duathlon. The swim can be open water (out and back not one way) or in a pool, just needs to be recorded.
- Bewl Standard Distance Triathlon Sunday 6th August. This is a 1500m swim, 40k bike and 10k run. Click here for the link to enter the race
- Club organised off road duathlon (Sunday 17th September, details tbc) this will represent the season ending competition and hopefully will include a pub lunch and celebration of the two championship winners.
For more information on local and national multisport and triathlon events and qualifying for the GB age group team we have constructed this document which will be updated during the season CLICK AND DOWNLOAD HERE.
For more information on multisports training, head over to our training section.